Rye residents and people from neighboring communities showed up at the Rye Free Reading Room on April 1 for Rye Sustainability's first home energy efficiency workshop. The free event was geared to the homeowner who wants to learn how to make his or her home energy efficient while saving money.
A panel of industry experts presented and answered a wide variety of questions, ranging from free home energy assessments to New York State programs that help homeowners finance energy efficiency projects. Attendees also learned about residential renewable energy options, including solar, geothermal and pellet stove heating.
Participants and the topics they covered included:
- Healthy Home Energy and Consulting (Home energy audits)
- Westchester Power (Community Choice Aggregation)
- RUPCO (NYSERDA and energy savings tips for homeowners)
- Gaia Sharbel Energy Contracting (Pellet stoves)
- Steven Winter Associates (HERS and LEED ratings plus tips on how to live a "greener" life)
- Energy Sage
Delicious refreshments were provided by Le Pain Quotidien in Rye.
Thanks to Rye TV, the event can be viewed here.